From Wayne to Newark, Essex County New Jersey has unique basement water problems because of its rugged terrains and many flood zone areas where housing developments were built. Exacerbating the situation is the overbuilding that has removed thousands of trees: our natural water absorbers. Thus, between the melting snow and the spring and summer rain storms, basement flooding is a common problem and basement waterproofing is a requirement to keep your home safe and dry. For over 30 years we have been providing basement waterproofing solutions to over 30,000 in Essex County NJ in towns like Cedar Grove, Little Falls, Wayne, Verona, West Orange, East Orange, Caldwell, Bellville, Montclair, Newark, and the surrounding areas to name just a few. So, if you need basement waterproofing services in Essex County NJ, you can trust your NJ basement waterproofing job is done right the first time.
- Essex County NJ has a high population density and trees that once helped regulate the water table have been lost to development activities.
- Most NJ basements in homes over 20 years old are made of porous concrete.
- The tar on the foundation degrades over time and once it erodes away, your home is at risk for excess moisture.
- Higher water tables create hydrostatic pressure against the sides of your home.
- Often times, Essex County homes have the basement located below the frost line, allowing water to be present around the foundation during winter thaw/freeze cycles.
Proven Basement Waterproofing Solutions in Essex County and beyond
Wet basements are never a one-time occurrence. There is usually an underlying issue causing the excess water or moisture to collect in your home, and unfortunately, unless you can identify the source and properly fix the problem right the first time around it will never go away. If you are a home or business owner in Essex County, NJ you may be wondering what your basement waterproofing options are.
Our basement waterproofing professionals have served over 50,000 homes and businesses in the Tri-State area and we know first-hand that determining the solution takes more than a one-size-fits-all approach. That’s why Basement Waterproofing Systems assess every job thoroughly to determine the best waterproofing solution to fit the specific needs of your home. Our basement waterproofing solutions include:
French Drain Installation
French Drains are the most cost-effective and reliable draining system. In fact, most waterproofing solutions are a variation of this proven technique. The modern materials and tools used by Basement Waterproofing Systems move more water and prevent clogging
Sump Pump Installation
The use of a sump pump in your home can prevent basement flooding with high efficiency and long-term dependability. Installation of pumps can be done to accommodate most existing plumbing or well sizes with minimal plumbing. Installation of commercial grade sump pumps will ensure your pumps will be working when you need them most
Even if they are not leaking currently, cracks in your basement floor and walls are evidence of excess hydrostatic pressure at the exterior of the structure. Left uncorrected, they can be the source of leaks and cause structural damage.
Professional Mold Removal Services in Essex County NJ
Did you know that not all water problems come from the ground? In New Jersey, a major source of mold, mildew and musty odors comes from moisture in the air. Excess humidity and moisture creates the perfect environment for mold — putting your home at risk for a dangerous mold infestation.
Basement Waterproofing Systems’ NJ mold remediation services are available throughout Essex County and other areas of Northern NJ. Our professional mold removal services are far more in-depth than the run-of-the-mill mold inspection others provide, we offer:
- Mold Analysis: We will analyze exactly what type of mold infestation you have to determine the most effective mold removal remedy.
- Safe Handling of Mold: When removing mold it is crucial not to cause harmful mold spores to be released into the air inside your home. Our professionals will go to extreme measures to insure the safety of you and your family.
- Professional Mold Removal: Our mold removal technique will vary based on the type of mold and may range from chemical based solutions, dry ice blasting or good old fashion scrubbing-all done with minor disruption to you and your family.
- A Guarantee: Basement Waterproofing Systems’ mold removal comes with a guarantee that your home will stay mold free for up to 5 years if serviced by our recommendations. If mold reappears during that time in the area serviced we will come back and fix the problem for free.
For Expert Basement Waterproofing and Mold Removal in Essex County NJ Call Basement Waterproofing Systems Today!